My personal anti flu drug free protocol
Personally, I have never had a viral infection and flu lasting longer than two days with this protocol.
Most of the time, I protect myself (I stimulate my immune system) with an anti-viral essential oil that I always keep in my bag (lavendula latifolia) when I see people sneezing around me and I make sure I take care of my liver and kidney proper balance with a few other oils.
(You know what it is: we don’t always do what we know works, especially when we don’t feel sick yet).
So, if I think ” Darn, a warning sign…”, I slow down, I force myself to breath, rest, and stay still as much as possible. At least until the complete disappearance of any symptom.
Making it as short as possible
In case you feel sick, follow this protocol to shorten the duration of the infection and accelerate your recovery:
- Practice a clear water colon cleaning once a day (no need to leave your home, get an enema bag)
- Stop dairy products (except kefir and plain yogurt), sugar and wheat.
- Replace any orange juice habit with lemon juice with water and honey
- Avoid solid food and animal products, stimulants such as coffee and alcool
- Let your nose run, blow it as often as possible. Remember, your mucus is the vehicle to take your toxins away.
Do not give aspirin to a child who has the flu. The combination of aspirin and a viral disease has been linked to the development of Reye’s syndrome (a disease that causes multiple lesions in various organs and can be fatal).
- As long as you do not have a fever, use and abuse of homemade chicken stock
- If you have a fever, drink cool and refreshing homemade juices full of vitamin C such as lemon, grapefruit, pineapple, carrot (good for your liver), apple and cranberry (anti-viral).
- If you like herbteas, make sure you choose organic teas, with immune stimulant herbs such as peppermint, thyme, sambucus nigra, ginseng, ginger, sage or rosemary.
- Nothing hot but room temperature.
You may wonder why I don’t suggest supplements: pills and caps have to be metabolized, which makes it harder on the digestive system and uses up more energy.
But, anything liquid is welcome. My first move goes to Tahitian Noni Juice. My favorite. If you can afford it, drink as much as you can of this wonder juice, and lots of water to go with it.
And finally, help yourself to the power of aromatherapy with the following essential oils.
When it comes to flu, three essential oils are needed:
Eucalyptus radiata, Ravensara aromatica (not Ravintsara) and Hemlock (Tsuga canadensis).
They are administered by massage on the chest, upper back and belly, with the following dilution (for children, see the instructions here):
In 1 teaspoon of base (such as sweet almond), add
- 2 drops of Eucalyptus radiata EO
- 2 drops of Hemlock (tsuga canadensis) EO
- 1 drops of Ravensara aromatica EO
for their antiviral and immunostimulatory actions on both the terrain and the symptoms
Massage the chest, stomach and back, twice a day.
- In case of otitis, grab a drop of Eucalyptus radiata on a cotton swab and place it in the opening of the ear, a few minutes two or three times a day until relief.
(For babies, it is best to choose Neroli EO.)
- To unclog the nose, diffuse essential oils of eucalyptus radiata, lavender, lemon or ravensara in your room or use a bowl of hot water in which you drop your EO.
- To relieve sore throat, we apply one or two drops of lavender spike essential oil undiluted directly on the throat three times a day, for both adults and babies.
But you may also massage the throat with this mixture:
In a teaspoon of base oil:
- 1 drop of Mentha piperita
- 3 drops of Tea Tree
- If coughing, you can calm any mucus production with Atlas cedarwood EO, diluted and massaged on the chest, with the other antiviral EO.
It can be also associated with Thymus vulgaris and Hyssop officinalis var. decumbens, and to Artemisia dracunculus (tarragon) if the cough is spasmodic.
For babies up to 4 years old, we will mix Hyssop decumbens with lavender to relieve the symptoms of bronchitis.
- If you like baths and suffer from cramps accompanying fever, use a basic bubble bath as a base, and add a few drops of essential oil of thyme, rosemary or lavender before pouring into the water, right before you enter it. Soak in there for a good 20 mn.
- Once the symptoms start disapearing, do not jump out of bed, take it easy and support your adrenals with a good rub on your lower back with a few drops of Black spruce EO.
Are you wondering, “How will I protect myself against the next wave of flu epidemic?